Edouard Burgeat is a French pluridisciplinary artist working and living between Paris & London.
His work explores a large variety of techniques and materials, which comes from his interest in objects history & his background in art, photography & design. Finding his inspiration in the modern history & crisis, Edouard proposes a very personnal reflection, that can be sinical, sometimes critical or funny, from World Wars to the current crisis.
Today Edouard has participated in numerous groups exhibition in London, Paris, Marrakech & Milan. His first solo show opened in Jan 2013 in Mayfair, London; he was shown at an off show of the last Frieze art fair TIAF and at the last biennale of Marrakech.
In 2014 he founded NoD, a brand editing contemporary art and design, while also working on scenographies, interrior designs & art events.
CAREER & SELECTED EXHIBITIONS
– Selected for Pixels of Identities – BAC Gallery – Bogotá Arte Contemporáneo (Colombia) – January 21 to March 12, 2016
– SCOPE Art | Booth B27 | 801 Ocean Drive Miami Beach, FL 33139 – Dec 1st-6th
– FAUX AMIS – 25th october – Le Pop-Up , Paris.
– Artist workshop for The Midnight Run in Paris – 12th June.
– Co-founder of Inner’Art – contemporary art salon for emerging art in Paris – May.
– Scenography for l’Impératrice at Le Palais de Tokyo Paris – April.
– Exhibition -Songe- invited by Dose records at Batofar, Paris – April.
– NoD launch party at gallery Le Huit.
– Creation of NoD design, french design brand – October.
– Worked for “Three Star Books” Art editor, for Sam Lewitt book.
– 6th Passion for Freedom London Art Festival, November
– Exhibition for the Parisian art mag tafmag.com 30th april – Paris.
– Exhibition invited by NOA at Cuckoo, Regents st London – April
– inHOUSE Festival, group show 9-13 April, London
– The 5th Marrakech Biennial, Marrakech – March
– Invitation au voyage, with Aloha Journal, Paris – february/April
– TIAF – art fair at the Mile End Art Pavilion E3QY London – October
– Graphic design for the Parisian magazine Aloha journal.
– Parallax – at The Mille End art Pavilion E3QY London – June
– Primae Noctis – Solo Exhibition at gallery 8, Mayfair, London – Jan
– ‘Cable part II’ exhibition, Cable studio Limehouse, London – July
– Commissioned for: “As you like it” at covent garden theater and
“Merrie England” Opera at The Finborough theater, London
-”Robi’s Offlicence“- with ONS collective. Brick Lane, London
– “ 4D : The life of the Mind” – at “The Gallery” Stoke Newington, London. Jan-Feb
– Design for social changes – community project, Camden Council project via CSM.
– “Project 2012”, Exhibition Ground Floor Left Gallery, London – Oct
– ”Il Corpo delle donne”, group exhibition at spazio laghetto gallery, Milan – Sep
– “ Parallel “, E. Burgeat & H. Schmitt exhibition, Paris – July
– “Notting Hill Mayfest”. Sacred Gallery, St John’s Church, London. May-June
– Worked as assistant for “Three Star Books”, for Matt Mullicans book “88 MAPS”.
– “Senoï”, E. Burgeat and H. Schmitt exhibition at Flateurville, Paris 9e – Jully
– “First Touch”, E.Burgeat & H. Schmitt exhibition Paris 19e. Jully
– Worked as assistant for Eric Schmitt. June, July