“My idea for art comes from reflecting on my life and the lives of people I have known and have been touched and inspired by”. I have been exposed to different cultures and cities as I have worked, studied and lived in the Middle East, Far East, Asia & Europe. I like to express my thoughts, feelings and there is always a story on which I base my art on”.
British by nationality and Indian by origin, Nanda is a true global citizen with her footprint all over the world from Kuwait, Hong Kong, Dubai, London and now Mumbai. With a Bachelors Degree in Interior Design from American College London and an MBA from the University of Westminster, Nanda gave up the pinstripe suit to explore a new paradigm – “the paradigm of colors”.
Nanda Khiara, uses paint to bring to the fore her Passion for life—with a abstract expressionist style her paintings are warm and vivid, profound and complex, lyrical and romantic, and even dark and mystifying with a deep sense of herself.
Her love for grandeur reflects in the choice of the big canvases she so frequently uses. Bold, uninhibited, expressive, Nanda Khiara has managed to maintain a unifying thread throughout her diverse body of work – an aura of mysticism and always evolving concepts and realms.
The paintings exhibited at Le Dame Art Gallery make part of the series Travel and Time.
Time confounds and illuminates. While most people think of time as a constant, physicist Albert Einstein showed that time is an illusion; it is relative — it can vary for diﬀerent observers depending on your speed through space. To Einstein, time is the “fourth dimension”. This series represents traveling – backwards and forwards through time.
- 18th June 2016, Tiny’s Gallery, Netherlands (Current)
- 15th January, 2016, Dessange Paris Mumbai
- 16th April 2016, Trident Hotel, BKC Mumbai
- 18th March 2016, Taj Hotel, Landsend Bandra Mumbai
- 8th December 2015, Catalyst for Social Action, @NCPA, Worli Mumbai
- 21th September 2015, Trident Hotel, Colaba Mumbai
Publications and Reviews
- Her art was published in coffee table book “Never Alone, Always Lonely” a coffee table book featuring 12 international artists and poems written by Amit Shankar (four times national award winner in India).
- “Warm & Vivid Nanda Khiara’s Mystical Art Makes you think” published on Artisera Blog